Most “turkey hunting advice” is bad advice, but that doesn’t stop a flood of articles with advice to give and a flood of internet searches seeking such advice.
Caveat Emptor: The Master List.
- Top 10 Turkey Hunting Tactics part 1 from bowhunting.com. -article focuses on scouting over walking in the woods blind.
- RealTree.com has Turkey Hunting Truths & Lies, though some of the “truths” are not great advice for inexperienced turkey hunters.
- For history buffs, this book recalls Turkey Hunting greats.
- Five “Good” turkey hunting tips. Guns, terrain, “hunt where the turkeys are” (duh) calls and mouth calls.
- Turkey Hunting Tips from the masters: Forget the calls, outthink turkeys, and change it up.
- Calling is an important skill in turkey hunting. -I thought we were supposed to forget the calls?
- Turkeys and Turkey Hunting has this article on working roosted birds.
- Our own contribution: Turkey Vest comfort and bug spray.
- Cream of Wild Turkey Soup recipe.
- Stop calling those stubborn birds in and just take a nap.
- Turkey Hunting on Cape Cod? Be careful.
- How to deal with shotgun recoil from turkey loads.
- Killed a wild turkey? Pluck them and use the whole bird. Merely breasting them out is a shameful waste of meat.
- Wild Turkey Leg Carnitas.
- Advice for hunting public land.
- Hunting Pressured Turkeys.
- Check out this gun sling from Strike Industries -works great for turkey hunting.